Indeed, there are natural treatments available for osteoarthritis, which range from acupuncture to dietary supplements. And, as time moves on, more and more people are seeking out natural methods of treatment to treat the pain, stiffness, and joint inflammation, which are all common symptoms of this disease.
- Conventional treatments for this disease includes the likes of anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen, aspirin and corticosteroids.
And even though specific natural treatments for osteoarthritis will help to treat the symptoms, it may be a good idea to notify your doctor or some other medical professional before beginning any kind of new treatment.
As many of you are already aware, acupuncture, which uses ultra-thin needles to change various pressure points in the body can assist in promoting better mobility and reduce pain in people who suffer from this often painful malady.
- Having been long used down through the ages in natural medicine, acupuncture has at last now found its way into the mainstream realms of medicine.
- Acupuncture is also being recommended by many doctors and health care practitioners who have been trained in allopathic medicine.
Along with relieving pain and bringing back mobility, acupuncture also promotes great relaxation in people who experience pain, which helps them to view pain in an alternative way, making it a lot easier to handle.
Capsaicin creams are another treatment which has had surprising positive results regarding osteoarthritis. This, as odd as it sounds, contains capsaicin to fend off the pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis and any other painful aspects of the joints, muscles, and bones.
- Capsaicin itself is that hot and spicy part found in chilli peppers.
Administering capsaicin creams and patches to the skin can for some folk (who never indulge in the eating of spicy food!) cause a little bit of irritation. However, such side effects are minimal and temporary, and will dissipate with time.
An easier and more convenient treatment is through the taking of dietary supplements such as Caruso’s osteoarthritis tablets, which have become popular over the years. These types of supplements contain chondroitin and glucosamine and are nowadays popularly recommended for joint pain and inflammation due to their powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Also, fish oil supplements are yet another medicine which helps to reduce inflammation and pain caused by arthritic conditions.
- However, fish oil should be taken with care, as it can increase the effect of anticoagulant medications and cause unusual or prolonged bleeding.
- Simply have a chat with your doctor or health care provider and see what he or she has to say.
A number of folk have found (to their surprise!) that magnet therapy has relieved them of their pain and actually restored their joint mobility. By wearing a magnet bracelet on or next to the affected area, it assists in reducing swelling.
The wearing of a magnetic bracelet has no known side effects except for maybe a slight irritation for some people from the skin being next to the metal.
Whatever you do, try something which is much more nature friendly.