Weight loss has become increasingly common problem of many people. And when we talk about weight loss, it’s not 10 or 15 pounds that one has to lose; we are talking about people who are overweight, whose BMI is way too high and are obese. Weight lose treatments are prescribed by the doctor after a detailed investigation of your health. Any weight loss drugs will always be combined with some lifestyle changes of a low calorie diet and exercise.
What is Qsymia?
Qsymia is a hunger suppressant used along with a low calorie diet in people suffering from chronic obesity to help them manage weight. It is a combination of Phentermine and Topiramate. Phentermine is a popular hunger suppressant whereas Topiramate works to seizure the fat cells.
How to take Qsymia?
The general dose to take Qsymia is one tablet per day with or without food. So start with 3.75mg/23mg of Phentermine/Topiramate dose for 14 days and slowly increase it to 7.5 mg/46 mg.It is best to avoid taking this tablet late in the evening as it may cause sleep disorders like insomnia. Also remember to take the tablet as a whole and do not crush it or chew it. It is always good to start with a low dose first and based on your body’s performance, your doctor will increase the dose. Take is as prescribed by your doctor. Do not change the doses without informing your doctor. Click here to grab coupons offered by pharmacies nationwide.
The general side effects of Qsymia are:
- Tingling in feet/hands
- Sleeping difficulties
The severe side effects are:
- Difficulty in concentrating/remembering things
- Painful urination, chills, fever and bloody urination may be signs of kidney stones
- Breathing problems
- Pain in bones
- Changes in sex drive
- Unusual bleeding/bruising
- Severe headache
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Most serious side effects while taking anticonvulsants will be depression, changes in thoughts, mood change problems that you harm you.
- Sometimes vision problems are also caused and not treating them may cause permanent damage to eye sight.
- Rare cases of heart issues are also noted with the usage of this drug.
– Intake a lot of water while taking Qsymia. This will help stay hydrated and avoid formation of kidney stones.
– Do not take this medicine with any other medicines that you are currently taking.
– Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid this drug as it may be absorbed by skin and lungs and might affect the unborn/new born baby.
– Do not over take this drug or take it for a longer time and never over dose. Taking for a long time will cause severe side effects.
– Abuse to this drug will cause withdrawal symptoms which may take long time to recover.
– Do not take this drug if you have any other health problems like glaucoma, blood pressure, heart problems, thyroid problems or mental problems.
– Avoid driving, doing any heavy machinery work and working in heat while taking this drug.