The skin is subjected to growing old and developing wrinkles with age. This is more due to stress and tension of life combined with increasing pollution outside, which the skin has to bear. Stress and age is more evident on the face than other parts of the body. A dull looking skin is sure to make the face to appear old. It lacks glow and radiance and can be the result of several internal factors, bad diet or probably imbalance caused by hormone levels. However, lackluster skin may be caused due to external factors such as harsh weather, build-up of dead skin cells and using of chemical skin care products.
Using handmade face mask
Besides following healthy lifestyle and good skincare routine, it is necessary to use regularly homemade face masks made from organic ingredients. Besides being cost effective, it is also a convenient way to revive tired complexion. They do offer healthy alternative to commercially developed products which contain usually undesirable additives and chemicals. The synthetic additives may encourage skin sensitiveness and dullness, if used for a long time.
Benefits derived from the best hydrating handmade face mask
There are indeed numerous benefits to be enjoyed by applying homemade face mask, some of which are given below:
- They are super fresh and developed just before application.
- They are more affordable when compared to commercial products. They are mostly created from edible ingredients present in the kitchen.
- They do not contain any artificial additives or preservatives as they are not stored for months like that of commercial products.
- They can be customized to suit the specific skin type. Ingredients can also be adjusted to accommodate skin sensitivity and condition.
- They are gentle and more effective, because of using of active and natural ingredients of superior and fresh quality.
Tips to prepare organic face masks at home
Spa quality type of face masks can be prepared using kitchen ingredients, with some ideas given below.
- Ingredients required for Indian Gooseberry mask:
- Fullers earth powder, 1 tsp
- Indian gooseberry powder, 1 tsp
- Coconut milk powder or milk powder, 1 tsp
Mix all the above ingredients with water and create smooth paste. Apply to cleanse and exfoliate skin and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and apply moisturizer.
- Ingredients required for Strawberry mask & scrub:
- Large strawberries, 4-6, blended in food passer and passed through sieve.
- Almond powder, 1 tsp
Mix the ingredients and form smooth paste. Apply it to cleansed skin and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Then moisten with few water drops and massage gently in circular, gentle motions to eliminate dead skin. Now, rinse thoroughly, follow up with moisturizer.
- Ingredients required for Pineapple face mask
- Pineapple juice, 2 tbsp
- Fullers earth powder, 1 tsp
- Almond oil, ½ tsp
Mix all the three ingredients to create smooth paste. Apply it on cleansed face and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and apply moisturizer.
Using organic face masks is definitely beneficial for the skin and removes the ‘dullness’ factor.