The purpose of plastic or cosmetic surgery is to improve the physical appearance of an individual. Be that as it may, you need to approach it carefully. Cosmetics surgery comes in different forms; it can be a full procedure, and it can also be in the form of a less invasive procedure like Botox.
Many clinics are offering cosmetic surgery in Birmingham, but not all should be trusted. In this piece, you will be given a helpful guide on how to procure cosmetic surgery successfully in this city. If you are planning to get it done, you will find the information here very helpful in making your final decision.
Firstly, what are the types of cosmetic surgeries you can get in Birmingham? They are classified below:
More invasive cosmetic surgery procedures:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Vulvovaginal surgery, which includes labial reduction, minor labia reduction, labioplasty or labiaplasty
- Buttock augmentation
- Buttock Lift
- Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty
- Rhinoplasty called a nose job
- Otoplasty called ear job
- Rhytidectomy called facelift
- Browplasty called brow lift
- Chin augmentation
- Cheek or malar augmentation
- Hair transplantation
Less invasive cosmetic surgery procedures
- Laser treatment for reducing abnormal pigmentation, wrinkles and fine lines
- Injections, for volume enhancement.
- Fillers, like soft tissue fillers for creating fuller, smoother face
- Peels, like chemical peels for wrinkles, scars, pock marks and acne
- Botox or botulinum toxin for removing facial creases to wrinkles.
How to choose the right surgeon
Find out if the surgeon belongs to an accredited professional body in England before you allow him/her to carry out plastic surgery on you. A good example of accredited professional bodies is the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. This arm of medical practice does not have as much regulation as the other arms. As a result, you need to choose the physician carefully.
Mental health consideration
There is research that many of those who undergo cosmetic surgery also end up with Body Dysmorphism Disorder (BDD) and Depression. You need to keep this in mind before you submit yourself for this procedure, be it the fully invasive or less invasive type. Again, there is a high tendency for suicide in women that undergo breast augmentation.
Helpful tips to consider
Before you go into the cosmetic surgical procedure, you may want to consider the tips highlighted below:
- Think twice about any cosmetic surgery clinic in Birmingham that charges non-refundable fees. Change your mind if you cannot make them change their non-beneficial policies.
- Your purpose of seeking cosmetic surgery should not be to impress or please anyone
- It is not safe to go for cosmetic surgery when you are under stress or experiencing psychological imbalance.
- Always consider the risk of this procedure. For example, some procedures may require a repeat after about six months.
- Ask questions and get informed about the pros and cons of the particular procedure you are interested in.
- Make your own decision after getting your doctor’s opinion. Do not let anybody persuade you to opt for what you never had in mind originally.
- Check the reputation and credentials of the surgeon and cosmetic treatment clinic in Birmingham before surrendering yourself to them.