Weight loss is one of the latest topics creating a buzz. Day by day, people tend to become more conscious about their weight and eagerly want to burn fat. Does that unique grocery product – ‘cinnamon’ helps to lose weight? Oh yes… There may be myriad of questions running on in your mind now. Right?
Researches say that “cinnamon is a best spice to lose weight, but it must be combined with a healthy substance or diet and exercise. A huge amount of weight loss products (full of chemicals) are available in the market & online to help you lose weight. Most people prefer diet pills which have side effects but work faster. You can just google weight loss products that work and you’ll find ample amount of products available for weight loss. While there are no magic pills available that can cure overnight. You can go for some foods, herbs or spices that help to lose weight. One of the weight loss aids is cinnamon. Today, we will explore some ways in which this spice can help. Let’s see how cinnamon helps in weight loss.
- Control insulin level
- Speeds metabolism
- Lowers LDL cholesterol
- Helps to burn belly fat
Let’s see how it do so.
- Control insulin level: Cinnamon has the unique ability to emulate activity of insulin in the body. For those who are totally unaware of glucose metabolism process, should know insulin is the chemical that helps your body to regulate its glucose level. People who are suffering from diabetes know that maintaining blood sugar level is important. High or low condition of sugar level are too dangerous for the patient. Even for non-diabetic people increased or decreased blood sugar levels can be problematic because they cause excess fat. Stored fat makes it harder to maintain weight. Cinnamon helps to regulate sugar level so excess fat does not build up.
- Speeds metabolism : As we have discussed cinnamon helps control insulin level, it has the ability to alter not only sugar level but carbohydrates as well. Your body is able to use your carbohydrate storage so they do not turn into fat excess. consumption of cinnamon also causes metabolism reaction. So when you eat hot peppers, presence of cinnamon in your body allows your metabolism to speed up. This boosts in metabolism allow to burn more calories and helps you to lose weight.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol: Research discovers that cinnamon can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol, which is good for your health. Diabetic patients showed lower LDL among other weight loss indicator when consuming given dose of cinnamon during examining period.
- Helps to burn belly fat: Cinnamon consumption is said to have huge impact on stomach fat than other body part fat. This is the problematic situation for many, who has fat belly. Also, sweet nature of cinnamon can help mitigate a sweet appetite. Most researchers say that if you’re planning for a diet, sweets are off limits, so cinnamon will surely fill this void.
Now a question is how to use it?
It is a common spice easily available at home and used in daily stuff. This spice can be added to many common foods. Here are some ideas as how you can integrate cinnamon in your diet to lose weight:
- Sprinkle a teaspoon in your breakfast cereal or oatmeal.
- Mix cinnamon and honey into hot water
- Add it to your tea or coffee
- Add it into fruit juice
- Mix into protein shake
- Take cinnamon pills (supplement)
Conclusion: As stated earlier, there are no magic pills available which cure excess weight. At least, not for long lasting treatment. Cinnamon is a good option to integrate in your diet. Keep in mind the best way to lose weight are balanced diet and exercise program, but this option (cinnamon) also can help you along with these activities. Lose your extra fats, feel free. And Stay healthy. All the best.